Feb 17, 2012

Bottle Cozy


Here's a fun new project that actually started as can and bottle cozies(which you can still use it for!). I was making some as presents for my BIL and it hit me...I am always fighting to keep Mr. Man's bottle's warm when we go out and this would help! So they went from can cozies to bottle cozies...enough chatter let's get to the tut shall we?

First make yourself a pattern piece- which is just a 4.5" x 9.5" rectangle. Then cut out two pieces of fleece using your pattern...

Perfect for using up old scraps!


Next put your pieces right sides together and sew along both the long edges but NOT the short edges...


Turn right sides out and top stitch along the long edges 1/4" from the edge...

Turn right side out...

And topstitch

Now determine which side you want on the outside, that is now the 'right side' of the fabric. Fold your piece in half 'hamburger style' right sides together and sew together on the short edges...



Trim and turn right side out, and you have a cozy!!! 


These guys don't have to be for bottles only, they fit soda cans and glass bottles too. If you like, you can add an embellishment like the flower on the cozy in the first picture. The flower is a variation of the Box Fold Flower from the ladies at I Candy Handmade. Well I hope you like these! Let me know what you think!

Happy Crafting!






2 comments:

  1. Wish I could sew! There are so many more things I could do. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that with your amazing knitting skills, you could make even cuter ones out of wool!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...